Price Range : $11-30 ($$)
Adress: 2415 Clement St, San Francisco, CA 94121
Phone: (415) 379-9726
- turned_in_notHealth Score83 out of 100
- list_altTakes ReservationsYes
- credit_cardAccepts Credit CardsYes
- thumb_upGood ForDinner
- directions_bikeBike ParkingYes
- turned_in_notWheelchair AccessibleYes
- accessibilityGood for KidsYes
- groupGood for GroupsYes
- volume_upNoise LevelAverage
- local_barAlcoholBeer & Wine Only
- transit_enterexitOutdoor SeatingNo
- tvHas TVNo
- turned_in_notDogs AllowedNo
- turned_in_notWaiter ServiceYes
- turned_in_notGender Neutral RestroomsYes
This place is amongst my top 3 Thai places in the city. The curry (brown or green) dishes and tasty, and the pad Thai is delicious and not clumped together. I suppose I like it since it's close to work and our office gets it delivered once a month.
Stopped here with one of my coworkers on our lunch break to pick up some food. I can say the food was actually pretty good. Generous portion sizes, and I mean, it should be pretty hard for a thai resturaunt to mess up a pad thai. However, service was less than desired. We weren't even sure if the store was open initally because it seemed dark and empty from outside. When we entered, the lady by the register didn't even interact until we walked up to ask about seeing a menu. Even then she just seemed annoyed while we looked through the menu. After ordering we waited about 10-15 minutes and then left to eat elsewhere. Overall, I would say the food is a 4/5, the service is 2/5 and environment is 2/5.
The roommate and I had just made it back from the Caribbean and I was starving! I was particularly missing Asian food after not having it for a week. We decided to order lunch from Patpong Thai Cuisine on Saturday, September 9th at 12:58pm through Delivery dot com. It arrived at 1:48pm. I live in Outer Richmond.
23. Hot & Sour with Shrimp (Tom Yum): Hot and spicy, With kaffir lime leaves, galangal root, mushrooms, roasted chili paste ($12.95)
28. Spicy Basil Fried Rice: Hot and spicy, Chicken with crushed chili peppers, onions, tomatoes, bell pepper and Thai basil ($10.50)
30. Pad Thai: Thin rice noodles stir-fried with Chicken, fried tofu, egg, bean sprouts and green onions with crushed peanuts on the side ($10.50)
37. Green Curry (Gang Keo Warn) with Chicken: Hot and spicy, With Chinese eggplant, bell pepper, zucchini, green bean and basil ($11.50)
*Chef's Special Papaya Salad: Prawns, tomatoes, carrots, green beans in chili-lime sauce, no cashew nuts ($11.95)
*Brown Rice ($2)
We have our usual Thai spot we order from, but they weren't delivering for lunch, so I just picked this restaurant. Overall, I thought the flavors were too one note. And everything was overly sweet. I wanted more spiciness and fishiness to balance out the papaya salad. The curry had a good amount of heat, but I found it thin. I tend to like a thicker curry. The soup also needed more lemongrass (or something) for contrast. The roommate ordered the other two things and seemed to enjoy them.
Kinda wished our usual spot was delivering as I wasn't impressed. Everything just needed more flavor. Especially spice as I noted most things extra spicy. Oh well, at least I tried a new spot!
Amazing lunch special. Tasty food. Fast service and the lady is always friendly and happy to see you! You can't order the lunch special to go so be sure you dine in :)
Good enough when hungry. I've had better Thai food. I had roast duck fried rice only which was okay. The service was good and the lunch combination looked reasonable price.